The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is an initiative of Kerala Startup Mission under Startup Bootcamp Scheme of Government of Kerala. Under this scheme financial assistance is given to selected colleges for supporting innovative products and thereby build an entrepreneurial eco-system inside the campus. The mission of the IEDCs is to "develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students ".Objectives of the IEDCs:
1. To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T
2. To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region
3. To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
1. To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill
Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
2. To initiate two innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
3. To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
4. To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
5. To arrange industrial visit to understand the present problems faced by the industry and propose innovative solutions.
6. To act as a Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc.
KSM Idea Grant
KSM Idea Grant is a scheme which offers grants, upto 12 lakhs innovators. Student innovators are also eligible to apply. Innovators are offered grants based on the development stage and innovative value of their ideas, upto 2 lakhs for shortlisted ideas, upto 7 lakhs for ideas with prototypes, and upto 12 lakhs for prototypes along with a customer base. Applications for this scheme are invited through Idea Day event which is conducted every month by Kerala Startup Mission. The ideas of the applicants are evaluated by a panel and shortlisted. Idea day event normally has a sector-wise division for the ideas invited, but the Idea Fest accepts ideas from all sectors and is focused towards the students.
For More details Click here
Talk on Entrepreneurship in Indian Conditions
A talk on “Entrepreneurship in Indian Conditions” handled by Mr. Rajiv Ramanathan, Former president, CA association, Palakkad was conducted by ASET IEDC on 03.11.2018. Students Members of ASET IEDC and students of Ahalia School of Management have attended the program. Our Recourse person is the present president of AIPC and executive committee member of PMA. Mr. Rajiv Ramanathan inspired all the students as to how to be a successful entrepreneur and successful in their future. He gave ideas about deciding the goals & how to achieve the goals in the Indian conditions.
IEDC Summit 2018
IEDC Summit 2018 was hosted by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally on Nov 3rd 2018. Over 3500+ students from 214 Academic IEDCs across 14 districts of Kerala attended the summit this year. From ASET a team of 10 students and 2 faculties attended the program. IEDC Summit is the avenue for participants of various units across the State to come together, to share their success stories, to learn from each other’s failure, to show case innovative products and to develop strong networks that go a long way in developing sustainable enterprises.
One Day Workshop on 3D Printing Technology
One day workshop on "3d printing technology" was conducted by ASET IEDC on 09.11.2018. The workshop was handled by Mr. Adarsh, Technical Head, Novabeans and his team. The workshop covered all the basics from 3d modelling softwares to the adavnced application of 3d printing. 50 selected students from all senesters irrespective of the department have attended the program. The workshop covered following topics
Introduction: The need of 3d printing technology
Session 1 : Basics of 3d modelling and Softwares
Session 2 : 3d modelling practice in software
Session 3 : Printing of Designed model in 3d printer
Startup India Yatra Van Stopping Point
Kerala startup mission in association with Startup India is conducting a month-long startup yatra which covers every district in the state. Startup India Yatra - Kerala 5000+ Entrepreneurs to get Impacted | 1000+ Kms | 14 Districts | 27 Days | 14 Van Stops | 8 Bootcamps | 1 Grand Finale The Startup India Yatra is a platform which aims to help aspiring entrepreneurs in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities realize their startup dream. Entrepreneurs will get an opportunity to get their Startups incubated i.e., coached and prepared in one of the best incubators to succeed in their journey from idea to enterprise. All the Boot Camps will have ideation workshops and idea pitching sessions to give Entrepreneurship exposure to the students.
Chief Executive Officer
Vishnuprasad A H
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Creative Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
Hari Krishnan M
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Social Officer